home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Friday, November 25, 2011

Altered Rocking Horse - Le Cirque Style!

I found another thrift store treasure!! This rocking horse was originally a cherry wood with a horrid, white mane made from yarn! I just loved the playful feel to this piece and knew it must be altered!! I was originally going to use the Christmas Emporium collection, but decided upon the brightly coloured Le Cirque papers from Graphic 45 instead.


The tail is made from twine and attached with a Graphic 45 metal button!  I made the saddle by bending one of Graphic 45's ornate metal plates and adorning with bits of fussy cut patterns from the paper.

Thanks so much for your visit today!!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies:
Graphic 45 Papers: Le Cirque Collection: Bohemian Floral, Le Cirque, Greatest Show on Earth, Extravaganza
Graphic 45 Staples: Metal Buttons
Graphic 45 Staples: Ornate Metal Door Plate
Aleene's: Tacky Glue
Plaid: Mod Podge
Misc. Twine

8 comments:

Shona said...

what a find!!!!!! and it looks amazing!!! love the saddle...gorgeous creation:)

Tona said...

Omgosh! This is beyond fantastic!!!

Lizzyc said...

wow.. your OTP creations are amazing.. love this.. beautifully done as always.. stunning..

Pam said...

Tara, This is amazing! You keep knocking my socks off with each new creation. Love this!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Loving this one!

Michele said...

Absolutely love how you turned a discarded children's toy into a true work of art!

I've included your rocking horse in this week's Featured Friday post - Featured Friday 11-25-11.

Gayle Price said...

This is truly gorgeous ! So sweet and so creative, love it. xx

Carmen said...

Tara, I really love this idea! I would love to incorporate it into old wooden ornaments, or something for under the tree as a decoration. So incredibly cute!! Love the G45 papers!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin