home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bo Bunny & Scor-Pal

Hey everyone!  I almost forgot to post this sweet layout of my daughter!  Last week Bo Bunny teamed up with Scor-Pal and had a fantastic blog hop!  We were asked to create something using the personal sized Scor-Buddy! 
Normally, when I make my rosette flowers, they take AGES and are never quite 'perfect'.  Folding them takes so long and I never could get each fold straight. Scor-Buddy rocks!! 
It was so easy to use - to simply create creases at precise points on my strip of paper made it super easy to create my little fan flowers.  For this project, I used only half a flower and framed around my centre circle.  I adhered the 'fans' to my page with a generous amount of tacky glue.
Part of the challenge was to include stitching on our projects as well so I added in some faux stitching on my title and around the border of my layout.
What is it about me and purple lately?  I swear, last year this would have been the most challenging of colours for me to work with - but for some reason, I just keep falling into this wonderful colour?  The gorgeous, purple, crystal flourishes are from ZVA Creative - just loooove them!
There's a whole lotta layers going on in this project isn't there!?  It is quite 3D - that is for certain - LOL!  I actually had to add a rosette in the middle of this layout to keep the centre from falling inwards.
Here are some more gorgeous embellishments from ZVA Creative.  The purple flowers in various sizes and shapes just coordinate so wonderfully together.

That's all for today!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back tomorrow with some Graphic 45 projects to share.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I'm off to the hospital for (hopefully) one last visit tomorrow.  A stress test for my lungs and heart.  All my tests have finally been completed as of Friday last week (blood work - 8 viles to be exact, EKG, PFT Test, X-Ray, Echocardiogram, etc.) and hopefully the results of at least ONE will indicate what is wrong with me so the doctors can finally give me some kind of treatment.... cross your fingers.

11 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

oh, this is gorgeous-maybe my favorite of yours (though they are all stunning) -- love the purples and that photo is amazing!

Tanya said...

totally gorgeous! love the purple and I love how you used the rosettes.

Stephenie said...

Beautiful color and I love the way you incorporated the rosettes. All the layering works so well on this project. Thanks for sharing!

Lee-Anne said...

This is so beautiful! My favorite yet!

Kris Berc said...

Beautiful! Love all the layers!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE your page!! =)
THAT is just AWESOME and the colors are so GREAT with your photo!!
My THOUGHTS and PRAYERS are with you!! =)
I know that not having a course of action can be the HARDEST part!! I was sick for 3 years before they FINALLY decided that I had Ulcerative Colitis and Crhon's Disease!! Both of which are treated differently!!
Anyway, just knowing sometimes can make ALL OF THE DIFFERENCE!! Best of WISHES!!
Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Lizzyc said...

wow.. this is incredible.. all the layers and the fans add so much dimension.. wow.. this is my new fav.. absolutely love all of this..

Sherrie Suttles said...

Amazing layout! Love all the layers. Purple is a hard color for me too but you rocked it on this. Praying you get some resolution from this doctor visit.

Johnna Moore said...

I came by here by way of the handmade holiday hop, but your creations are beautiful so now I added your blog to my favorites. Thank you for sharing. I will also be praying for your health and wisdom for the doctors.

Pam S said...

OMG this is out of this world stunning! I have just started making rosettes on my cutter, never thought of adding that many to a layout! You are awesome!

María Castillo said...

Love how sweet and femenine this page looks!! Beautiful!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin