home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Youer Than You


It snowed. Not much, but it DID snow (this was a few weeks ago now, its all melted now). I was soooo excited - had to snap some snow shots of my little man. He was such a good sport - did tons of poses for me :> I ended up antiquing my photos to match the grungy tones in Bo Bunny's Cambridge papers and I love the effect. I added some burlap and lace for texture as well as some faux stitching around my die cut.

I'm only slightly addicted to banners as of late - LOVE them! For my banner here, I used some old fabric and cut out triangle shapes. I then layered with some of Bo Bunny's Newsprint ribbon (also cut into triangles). You can arrange on your page as desired. I love to layer mine or put one at the top and then one at the bottom for balance.


I also love making my own tags - super easy and a great way to embellish 'boy' layouts. For these tags, I simply cut a 'tag' shape out from patterned paper, roughed up the edges a little and then did some faux stitching around the outer rim. To complete, I layered with another piece of patterned paper and cut out a cardstock sticker for the journaling.

Thanks for the visit. We're getting close aren't we.... How many more sleeps?!?!

Supplies Used:
Cambridge Cut Outs,
Cambridge Cardstock Stickers Strength & Honor,
Cambridge Post,
Cambridge Chess,
Cambridge Stripe,
Cambridge Crown Die Cut,
Cambridge Chipboard Stickers,
Cambridge Combo Stickers,
Noel Postcards,
Newsprint Wraps,
Antique Lace Petal

Designer's Tip: I used faux stitching around the die cut as well as on my handmade tags. I find the white shows up very well with the darker colored patterned papers. I also took one of Bo Bunny's fantastic petals and 'unstitched' it creating a length of lace to which I applied to the outer rim of some of my die cut as well as at the bottom of my page.

10 comments:

Lorraine said...

OMG, this is just GORGEOUS! Love everything about it! I wish I could scrapbook like this!

Unknown said...

wow how cool is this layout very
stunning with great details, my friend.

I wish you very beautiful christmas and a happy new year.

~Carla

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous Tara! I love how you have used Cambridge for snow pictures and I also love banners on pages, you have me itching to add one to a layout again now! :)

Mel said...

Just stunning!!!

Maiko Kosugi (mai*) said...

GORGEOUS!!
Love your all details,Tara!!:)

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Love every bit of it! Happy Holidays Tara:)

Lizzyc said...

wow this is amazing! love it all!! Have a Happy Christmas!!

Denni said...

I LOVE all the layers and the faux stitching, beautiful layout!

Kathy said...

wow this is really stunning, i love all the layers and textures

Creations by Jolan said...

Hi Tara,
Just want to wish you and your Family Merry Christmas.
Jolanda Meurs/Netherlands (Zva)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin