Every now and again I like to freshen up my scrapping mojo with a little altered goodness. It can be challenging to think up new and exciting ways to arrange your photos on a 12 x 12 piece of paper (LOL). Using my creative juices to alter another medium is something I welcome with open arms.
I stumbled upon this vintage birdcage (at Value Village) for next to nothing. It was originally a greenish/gold (ick) but easily transformed with my black Staz On ink.
As soon as I saw this item I KNEW I had to use the latest Crush Line from Bo Bunny! I mean, the entire line is FULL of little love birds and bird cages!! PERFECT!
I wanted to ensure that the entire birdcage wasn't covered with these beautiful papers so I did keep quite a bit of the metal 'bare'.
I finished with some beautiful blooms from Petaloo's Mulberry Street Collection and Bristol Box Collection.
I also found this wooden lightswitch from the dollar store which I'd purchased ages ago! I thought to alter it with Bo Bunny's Crazy Love line - full of beautiful browns and pinks - same colour scheme as my daughter's room.
Although I love how it turned out, I realized (after I had finished) that our light switches are not the 'outie' kind - Oh well!!
See you tomorrow with some AMAZING stuff from Petaloo & Pink Paislee!!! (Haven't you heard??? They're doing the 12 Days of Christmas BLOG HOP!!! LOTS of AMAZING prizes!!)










Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







3 comments:
This vintage bird cage and light switch cover are just awesome! Wow, you have some very creative juices flowing! TFS! Merry Christmas, Mary
Oh my, those are absolutely adorable!
Hi Tara,
You are really talented and look like a wonderful person. Thank you for sharing your creative ideas with us. I love your vintage chic layouts.
Lindy xx
Post a Comment