home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Petaloo & Pink Paislee

I am delighted to share with you a layout I created combining the gorgeous Father Christmas Collection from Pink Paislee and beautiful Chantilly flowers from Petaloo. These flowers just scream vintage elegance.

I was so excited to work with these papers when I first saw them. There is a very soft palette with a fantastic worn/distressed look - perfect for those shabby chic styles!

I decided to highlight the subtle blues and creams in the papers with the beautiful Velvet & Lace blooms in buttercream and Mixed Blooms in blue/green from Petaloo's Chantilly Collection.

For this layout I used: Velvet Hydrangeas (Red), Velvet Hydrangeas (Blue), Mixed Blooms (Blue/Green), Velvet & Lace (Buttercream) and some Gilded Holiday Leaves from Petaloo's Canterbury Collection.

There is a fabulous tag sheet in Pink Paislee's Father Christmas Collection which I used to make my banner and journal spot. I couldn't resist adding my signature crochet doily to the mix as well. It just adds the perfect touch of vintage and compliments the overall softness in the project wonderfully.

I wanted to share a second layout with you today too - I just couldn't resist! There were so many amazingly beautiful flowers and so many gorgeous papers that I didn't feel one layout would do either of them justice!!

My second layout features Petaloo's Chantilly Collection with the traditional holiday reds. For this layout I used: Velvet Hydrangeas (Red), Mixed Blooms (Red, Burg.), Velvet Poinsettias (Red) and Flora Doodles Holiday Foliage Leaves (Mixed Fabrics).

Still keeping with the shabby chic feel of these wonderfuly distressed papers, I added a page from a vintage children's book as well as a doily, which I distressed with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink (Vintage Photo). I felt both would compliment the tones in the layout and the patterns in the papers without stealing the show.

I hope these projects have offered some inspiration to all my wonderful readers today! Be sure to check the Petaloo blog daily for the rest of our Holiday Event!!

5 comments:

Shona said...

the papers and the flowers are so gorgeous yes....very very beautiful layouts to display them

Unknown said...

When I saw these on the Petaloo blog Tara, I was simply breathless. I so admire your work.

connie said...

As always these are gorgeous!

Jemma said...

beautiful i love the colours and textures and layers you always get on LOs looks fantastic as normal :)

stefeni said...

I love your work and am so glad I found you this weekend. I have given you an award and you can see it at http://stefenithegreat.blogspot.com/2010/12/blogger-award.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin