home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tiny Dancer

Welcome back to "Don't Quote Me" Thursdays where inspiration is taken from QUOTATIONS inspired from song lyrics, ancient proverbs, famous sayings and more.

This week, your inspiration will come from one of my favourite songs by Elton John - Tiny Dancer.
I am only going to include a small clip, but you can listen to the entire song here (if you aren't familiar): http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/e/elton_john/tiny_dancer.html

LYRICS:
Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today


Okay.... so after reading these lyrics and looking at my layout, they don't really 'match' the photos... BUT... I am one of those people who RARELY know the CORRECT words to MOST songs (ahem). I had this song in my head the entire time I was scrapping this layout - - - okay, the first 5 words of the first verse and the first line of the chorus... but it seemed to fit with that!!! My layout was inspired by Deb Harter's Sketch #61 which is now live over at Creative Scrappers.

Close up of journaling which reads: "Its okay Eden, you're still a bit wobbly huh? Here, take my hands and we can dance together (July 2009)".

Interpret the lyrics however you like (I obviously did - LOL) and post your projects back here or email them to me at TARA ORR before the end of the month to qualify for a sweet RAK!

I will be keeping track of everyone who completes my daily inspirations. Everyone who completes all 4 of my "Don't Quote Me" Thursday inspirations for the month of July will be entered into a drawing for a sweet RAK!

Materials Used:

Patterned Paper: Turtles & Trees - Turtle Lane (My Little Shoebox)
Patterned Paper: Flawless - Suzy (My Little Shoebox)
Die Cut Paper: Gretchen (My Little Shoebox)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Cardstock: Black
Ribbon: Que Sera Sera Adhesive Ribbon (K & CO)
Alphabet Stickers: Offbeat/nanoset (Basic Grey)

7 comments:

finnabair said...

First of all - I feell so honored to recieve a blog award from You - one big WOW, thakn you so much :*
Then - great layout - I love the colours and photos here - all the project looks great - those greens and blacks and pink/red....wow:)I just love the bloack something (lace?) under the photos - looks so elegant.
I love the :Don't quote me idea" but i see it's too late to start ;)
hugs
finn

Jocelyn said...

O Tara this is stunning! I want to try to play....but my printer has been lost in the flood....so I will look through what I have printed and see what I can come up with!!! I am going to have to upload a ton of pics and have them printed at the local Costco!!!! Have a great one!!!

Jess said...

whoa tara this is absolutely stunning! how did you get the pics like that..the black and white and just a bit of pink???

Tara Orr said...

Thanks everyone!!

Jess - I just uploaded into my software, made black and white and then painted with pink to bring out the pinks in the layout ;>

LG said...

lovely layout Tara! Love the photo editing! Brilliant

Jemma said...

love this lo love what you did to the photo. looks awesome!!

AmesOx said...

Absolutely Stunning! I just love how you took your inspiration from a song, I think it's just beautiful how we can find such inspiration in a verse! Your LO is Fabulous, and I just love the edited pics!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin