home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Friday, July 10, 2009

1 Picture, Many Pages

Three weeks ago, Creative Scrappers hosted a pretty cool challenge where they supplied a photo (above) and from this photo you were to create a layout. The only rule: You could only use the photo provided but could do anything you wanted to it - shrink it, enlarge it, crop it, duplicate it, etc.

While I've never scrapped someone else's kids before, I was most definately drawn to the photo and inspired quite quickly.


I decided to stick with a monochromatic colour scheme and popped out the grass in the photo while keeping the subjects black and white.

I also flipped the photo for a bit of a different take.



Materials Used:

Alpha Letters & Buttons: Fa La La Collection (Making Memories)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Ink: Butter Pecan (Plaid)
Die Cut Paper: Artisan Toile, Greenhouse Collection (Making Memories)
Patterned Paper: Marah Johnson (Creative Imaginations)
Patterned Paper: Scarlet's Letter, Repose (Basic Grey)
Flowers: Prima
Journaling Pen: Gelly Roll White (Sakura)
Clear Swirl Stamp: Inkadinkadoo
Lace

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Tara....you did a OUTSTANDING job with this one!!! Love how you made the phote B&W and changed the position on it!!! The colors are perfect!!! How fun was that to do!!! Hey..I have an idea...I have a ton of pics....I send them to you...you create and then I enjoy!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

Nellie Mae said...

Congrats on the design team spot!! Thanks for your sweet comments over at my blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin