home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Thursday, January 31, 2013

New From CHA - French Country

Hi everyone!! Just popping in today to share a new layout with you.  I created this project for this past CHA using the brand new, French Country Collection from Graphic 45.
I chose a very neutral colour palette considering the amount of gorgeous, bright colours in this collection.  For some reason, I was just drawn to the greens and how they stood out against the black.
I added some cream paint along the edges of my flowers as well as some of my papers for a more aged feel.  There are so many little cards and tickets and little treasures to cut out from the pages of this collection - I just went wild and added in a heap of layers worth of beautiful imagery.  Although, looking at this layout now, it does look a little 'flat'... perhaps a few sheets of crumpled up newsprint behind each layer would have added the perfect lift...
Thanks so much for peeking in today.  I'll have lots more CHA projects coming up in the next little bit. 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I think its beautiful Tara and the new papers are amazing.

Lizzyc said...

Wow this looks stunning.. love the earthy colors, very country!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the green, cream and black...its very fresh, but vintage, too. All the cream paint dry brushed onto the papers and flowers adds so much to the whole. It's the little details like that which make your work so outstanding. Lovely, lovely layout....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin