Today on the Bo Bunny Blog the focus is on Stamp Techniques. For those of you who aren't already aware, I'm TOTALLY NOT A STAMPER! Like, at all. I have SO MANY stamps and really have no clue what to do with them.
So, when I was presented with this challenge, I slightly freaked out, not knowing what I would do for my project. Pinterest to the rescue! Such a love/hate relationship with that site - LOL! Anyhoooo I came across several super cute photos of (what seemed to be) these really quick and easy pillowcase dresses. I HAD to try!
I don't stamp and I don't own a sewing machine so what would probably have been a super quick project (if I had any skills in either of the above), kind of turned into an all afternoon kind of project. I took an old pillowcase and cut semi circles on both sides of the top to form the sleeves and neck.
I then added a few strips of lace to the front and back where the neckline would be, folded over the top of the material and 'hand-stitched' across so that the lace was enclosed. I then added some of my trim to the bottom of the 'dress'.
I then took some white pigment ink and began stamping all over the dress! Super easy project!
It didn't look 'perfect' but it was cute and I could see how addicting these things could be if you had the correct tools and some super cute fabrics with which to work. Enjoy the rest of your day!














Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







9 comments:
Hi Tara, I saw your project on the BB blog today. You are soooo creative! I never ever would have thought that you don't consider stamping one of your strengths! I think you did a fabulous job!!!
These pictures of your daughter are a hoot - what a character. So adorable!
she is soooo adorable :) so photogenic :)
oh this dress looks great! and very comfortable too!! well done!
The dress is just too adorable & so is your model.
Lovely dress and adorable model!!
Oh, that's super cute! Both the dress and the girl! What a fun idea!
Love, love, love the dress and that last photo is WOW!!!
Gorgeous dress, would never think you were not a stamper or a sewer looking at it. Your daughter is gorgeous too, best wishes.
Post a Comment