home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Day in Paradise... Minus the Paradise

Happy Monday morning to everyone!! Hope you all had a wonderful, restful weekend.  I'm sure some of you enjoyed watching the Superbowl (didn't hurt that Tom Brady was playing right?? LOL). Today I have another Graphic 45 project to share with you using their gorgeous NEW Tropical Travelogue Collection. This layout was showcased at this past winter CHA. I had such a fun time creating this project. I had already done two 'tropical-themed' layouts and wanted to show the versatility of the line by creating an everyday kind of layout.
My two youngest kids doing what kids do best. I actually wanted to capture a shot of them arguing or fighting but of course as soon as I go to take one of 'those' kinds of shots, they act like perfect angels - *sigh*. So.... the photos you see are actually 'staged' as I'm sure you can see the slight smiles on their faces as mommy told them to pretend like they were fighting with one another (LOL).
Here is a close up of the metal roses I created.  I have a tutorial on how to make these HERE should you wish to create some for yourself - they are super easy!
I added quite a few metal embellishments to this project - just can't get enough of Graphic 45's metal hinges!  The weird thing is that, although I am normally a very flowery, romantic, soft and vintage type of gal, I never feel the need to add flowers (aside from the metal ones I've created here) to my layouts created with Graphic 45 papers.  They have so many wonderful elements to fussy cut and the new chipboard pieces and stickers only add to the assortment of embellishments.  The papers are always so dynamic with bold, bright patterns and the imagery is outstanding.  (Of course on my latest Little Darlings projects I've simply covered them with flowers.... but I digress...)
Thanks so very much for your visit today! Enjoy your week and I will post some more scrappy goodness a little later on.  Remember, you still have a little more than a week to enter my February Blog Giveaway (Two Chances)!!

9 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

This is a gorgeous layout ! I love what you did with metal roses !

María Castillo said...

Love the pictures, the colors and details are gorgeous! Love it!

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! MY! This layout is TOTALLY AMAZING....
BUT! I Now have Coldplay's - Paradise song stuck in my head!!! LOL!

Auntie Em said...

Your G45 lo is so pretty. It looks great with the sepia pics of your adorable kids as it would with a treasured photo of a great grandma. I love the roses and green leaves.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Lizzyc said...

these papers are amazing with all the details on them.. they really are graphic! and you can be excused for staging photos...i think scrappers all do it!! fabulous layout!! love those metal flowers... always love your creations!!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the touches of green and it's a great everyday moments layout!

Stampin2day said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial on the metal roses! Beautiful LO!

Luv 2 Create said...

Gorgeous layout Tara. Love your roses. Was very thankful to find a tutorial on them on your blog. They are gorgeous. Thanks.
Marcie

Tamika said...

This LO is priceless!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin