home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

...but these two little ones look so very warm and delightful! Couldn't resist snapping this photo of my kids cuddling up to eachother on our daily excursion!

The balmy weather we all embraced a few short months ago has now been replaced by the crisp morning air - the kind where you can see your breath escape in a soft, white cloud like the smoke from your grandpa's pipe; the kind of coolness where you wake to a blanket of snow covering the ground or at the very least, covered in a dewy veil. Brrrrr.... Let's get warmed up shall we?

I created this layout with Petaloo's gorgeous Holiday Dazzlers and Candies. ADORE the delicate feel that the Candies give against an otherwise worn/rustic layout.

The Holiday Dazzler Snowflakes and Reindeer compliment one another seamlessly. I just love creating winter layouts using cool tones found in the blues, silver and white.

I inked the edges of the snowflakes to lend a more 'comfy' feel and accented with some of Petaloo's sequins - perfect for those tiny accents and details!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!! If you haven't already checked out Petaloo's new BLOG - head on over. They have lots of great inspiration and details about our upcoming 12 days of Christmas event with Pink Paislee!! Have fun creating your winter wonderland projects!

5 comments:

LG said...

WOW!!! This is stunning! I love always love your color combination

Zarah said...

STUNNING!! Absolutely and utterly and supremely GORGEOUS!

Romy said...

Wow, that is truly amazing! Your colour combo is really beautiful and it compliments that utterly sweet picture perfectly.

Cindy Gay said...

Pretty tones. Lovely collage of papers with your signature doily. Great photo.

Karen Wilson said...

Oh my gosh Tara, that picture!!! I love it!! This is beautiful! So wintery.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin