home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lazy Days of You Mini Album

I soooo enjoyed working with Scrap That's! September kit - I had so many papers and embellies left over after creating my 4 layouts that I decided to do a mini album.

Such perfectly soft papers. I loved the muted tones - worked so well with the photos of my daughter in her summer hat and dress.

I handmade these flowers using Vicky's tutorial on the Scrap That! forum. So easy.

I just hand cut out two 5 petal blooms and then misted with Shimmerz Spritz and gently twisted the ends of each petal with tweezers. Once dry, I layered the two on top of one another and finished with the petal centres.

The butterflies I used were printed out on a piece of cardstock and fussy cut. Lori will be putting the 'butterfly file' on the Scrap That! forum so you can help yourself and print them out for your own projects!


Such sweet little bows - perfect for a mini album page.

Adore the package of canvas tags that came with the kit. Such a unique texture - works wonderfully with the worn feel of the papers.

The kit also comes with 2 awesome scallop oval chipboard frames. I inked and applied distress stickles (included in the kit) for a sparkle so amazing.

The blooms were fussy cut out of a piece of patterned paper and then I lightly painted the insides of the petals and finished by outlining with a brown journaling pen.

Thanks for stopping by today! Be back tomorrow with some more scrappy goodies!!

8 comments:

Carmen said...

This is a really cute tag album. Love the colors and muted tones. Just lovely!

Tania Martyns said...

is so so so beautiful mini album !
i love your project !
hugs

LG said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! Love the shabby look of this mini

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful. Love the soft tones and title alphas.

Scrap Vamp said...

Such a lovely album! I love the titles on each page! Becoming a new member!

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a stunning mini album. Love it!!

Unknown said...

wow what a great tags so amazing
beautiful!!

hugs Carla

p said...

love that mini.
love the tint on the photos too.
how did you get them like that?
scrapbook-crazy.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin