Scrapbook Star's Crop Theme is Grease...
Butterfly Crafts' Crop Theme is Movies...
Guess which movie I chose to do for Butterfly Crafts?!?! Did I luck out on that one or what?!
So... Here are two TOTALLY different takes on the movie.
For Scrapbook Star, I decided to do my layout with a 1950s flair. The one area I focused on in my layout was "Pop Art" which was a movement started in the mid 1950s where popular subjects could be part of the artist's palette and was made famous by Andy Warhol.I thought it would be pretty neat to use an actual record as the base of my layout (purchased at the local thrift store for $0.50) considering the whole juke box thing... Hoola Hoops were also super popular WAY back then which is why I am holding one in the photo - the reason why I look like such a dork - ?? (LOL)!
I used the cardboard from an old shipping box and painted in white and spattered coloured paint everywhere to match the playful feel in the layout.
Close up of photo. I basically made it a black and white photo and coloured the top left image. From there, I copied the image to make a 2 by 2 grid and adjusted the contrast to get the different colours in the other 3 photos. All work was done in Microsoft Picture It.
Ok, on to Butterfly Crafts. My layout was inspired by the wonderfully talented Robin Schelin. Love her stuff!
For this crop, I chose to do a layout more directly related to the movie - John Travolta, the colour black, The Title... LETS HAVE A CHALLENGE!!!!
I challenge you to create a layout where the Title has to be a song from the movie Grease!
Upload your projects here or EMAIL them to me for a chance to win the fabulous RAK shown below.
Deadline is Sunday, August 16th at 6pm (PST)!!










Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







5 comments:
Love the John Travolta layout!!
Love both of your designs! And how cool to use a vinyl record!
Fabulous pages!!!
awesome! love the string on the travolta LO and what an awesome idea to use an actual record! way cool!!!
WOW!!!! love these layouts. there are so many to lookout. Love your technique
Post a Comment