home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Beautiful Life

I was instantly drawn to the soft tones of the All I Ever Collection from 7 Dots Studio and had originally planned to do a very feminine, pink, layout with lots of flowers and frills. For whatever reason, the darker toned paper kept staring at me…beckoning me to make my first cut.
I had already chosen the black and white photos that I wanted to use for this project and because the photos included both my son and daughter, I felt I could go either way – masculine or feminine. When I placed the photos next to the darker paper I actually preferred how it complimented the papers so well.
So… what was originally going to be a very shabby chic, girly layout, turned out to be more of a shabby chic, gender neutral layout – LOL! I hope you like the final outcome. Just goes to show that not every layout requires flowers to be ‘beautiful’ or girly.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

Samantha Hauzer said...

Such a beautiful layout, it's absolutely stunning!

Sandra said...

This is just beautiful Tara, great for both genders and I love your detail. I keep trying but just can't get my pages looking like yours - I think I'll have to scraplift one for my own personal use (no competitions. xxx

Unknown said...

Tara, this is beautiful.

Where do you get all your doilies?

Toodles
Erika

Auntie Em said...

So pretty! I like the dark shows off the sweet lace and how those paint dribbles keep it from being too precious. Awesome designing.
Thank you for sharing and inspiring! :)

Elle said...

Love the tones. Great layout.

Marley said...

Beautiful layout! Awesome picture.. I love the doily's!!hugsssss

Blog Widget by LinkWithin