First stop on your “hop” is the Scrap That! BLOG. If you are arriving here from Lisa's BLOG you are here you are in the right place! We have EIGHT AMAZING blogs for you to visit today, each with a some beautiful projects that were created using the Scrap That! May Kit "Romantic Spring".
You will need to visit all EIGHT blogs. There will be a randomly drawn comment winner from each blog! That means EIGHT winners will receive a yummy package of Prima goodness! Once youʼve done that, youʼll need to swing by our facebook page and LIKE us. Then head over to our NING community and become a MEMBER.
Plus, while you are hopping you will want to be looking for the special word on each blog.
My secret word is "DUSTY".
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, create the sentence and email that sentence to Scrap That!
All qualifying entries will be entered into a draw for the GRAND PRIZE, a FULL Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit! Watch the Scrap That! newsletter on May 21st to see if you are one of the lucky winners!
Okay, so here are the projects that I created with this gorgeous kit:
I decided to play up the punchy colours in the flowers found in the papers. I fussy cut the blooms and made that the focal colour of my layout.
I didn't want to use the Prima branch in its entirety so I cut off each flower from the branches and applied to my project here and there - to add texture.
I think I may have a new addiction to Perfect Pearls. There is always one bottle included with the Scrap That! kits and they are so perfect for adding in tiny details.
My next project features a softer palette. I decided to play up the peach tones found in one of the sheets of paper. My only issue was that there were only 2 peach flowers. What to do? I painted the rest of the flowers with acrylic paint !
I added some of the perfect pearls to the centres and tips of all my flowers to give them more of a realistic look.
I added in some vintage newsprint from an old children's book I found at a local thrift store. Love adding unique pieces like this - just a little goes a long way.
The last layout I created with the kit started off as a total nightmare!!! I had never worked with canvas before receiving my kit and let me tell you.... it was a 'titch' of a challenge! Let's just say this is the 'back' of my canvas that you see on my page (LOL)!
I added in some of my own Dusty Attic Flourishes and the crochet doilies are from a previous Scrap That! kit.
I opted for a monochromatic feel for this layout - using mainly white and lightly coloured embellishments. The little bows were created using strips of the canvas sheet.
To created my doily mask, I lay a paper doily on my canvas and proceeded to mist away. I then gave it a bit of a whitewash by painting over the misted image with white acrylic paint.
Scrap That! is also EXTREMELY EXCITED to share that they are sponsoring The Color Room for the month of May!!
If you are not familiar with The Color Room, they are a fabulous online community of over 3,000 like minded people. They inspire creativity by offering a sketch and a color palette each and every week. They also have tons of tutorials to push you even further! The color palettes during May will all be created from the colors of the Scrap That! Kits so head on over and upload your gorgeous creations for a chance to win some fantastic goodies!
We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Your next stop is over at the amazingly wonderful blog of Tina.










Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







46 comments:
love all the details and layers in your layouts
Lush yet light at the same time. I don't know how you do it - totally beautiful. Including the canvas back! xo
Gorgeous work Tara! The layers and details on your pages are so fun to look at and I love your use of color! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
They don't call you one of the best for nothing Tara. Again, you have done amazing artwork! Love every detail of it! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
Amazing, stunning, gorgeous, beautiful...Running out of adjectives here! lol
ooo beautiful composition!
wow really stunning work so amazing details to!!!
Your artwork is so amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Beautiful work...love the flowers!
What a gorgeous blog and truly inspiring scrapper you are.
beautiful work as usual tara. you just might inspire me to try a banner. i personally do not find them attractive, although your soft tones make me think i might try one, ...smile
ava
Wow what a stunning layouts you made!! They're really beautiful. I like the details and the colous! Greetz, Martine
I always enjoy looking at your work! I especially love the banner and butteflies on the first one!
Your layouts are all SO beautiful. I love the Signs of Spring layout - so many gorgeous details!
Gorgeous ...can't wait to get my hands on this May kit! you rocked it!
Tara ~ first, your layouts are just absolutely fabulous! I am always inspired when I spot by your blog! Fantastic job! Second ~ thank you for turning me to Scrap That!, What beautiful kits they have and I can not wait until June when I receive my first Kit! TY again. I am already a follower.
Carol
http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com
Such beautiful work Tara...your work is always an inspiration!
Great layouts as always. They never cease to amaze me. Dorothy
Tara...just stunning! What a beautiful collection for us! Thank you!
Beautiful layouts. I love the look of the Perfect Pearls. I haven't tried them yet and can't wait to add some to my layouts.
Stunning and gorgeous... You do such amazaing work.
All stunning layouts with such detail Tara! Your work is truly inspirational *hugz*
beautiful pages as usual - I'm a follower
Very beautiful! I love the distressed edges and the bunting on the first layout.
Beautiful...what else can I say.
those are all amazing Tara, the kit is gorgeous and everyones layouts are so imspriring :)
WOW! Each LO is just so unique and lucious!
Gorgeous reveal Tara! Love your work girl! Love canvas work...it came out awesome!!! Hugs!
I always love seeing your creations! Gorgeous!!!
Very beautiful!
amazingly beautiful layouts.. thank you for sharing the closeups which really show the texture and dimension of your work.. truly each piece is a masterpiece of which you can be so proud.. you are a very gifted scrapper!!
Your work is amazing...I'm so glad that I've signed up to follow you as I know you are sure to inspire me. Thank you
Beautiful layouts, I too love these little bottles of Liquid Pearls, I am luckily building a mini collection thru our ST kits. =)
Oh gosh, I just really don't know what to say....your work is absolutely stunning and you leave me speechless every time that I visit your blog!
Your work is beautiful. I am happy to be follower of your blog. Your work is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
I must copy paste the exact words my friend Rommy wrote above....speechless...your layouts are so detailed...just divine!
as always Tara your work is amazing and inspiring!
Tara, every LO is a work of beautiful art. So many details to get lost in!! Beautiful work as always. I always enjoy visiting your blog!!
I love how shabby chic those layouts are!
Beautiful layouts and details.
Gorgeous layouts as usual Tara! i don't think i have ever seen anything i don't like on your blog :) Love the fussy cutting and the painted flowers - that is genius! Cute pics too on all all of them! Thanks so much for sharing all your tips and trials :)
rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com
Awesome pages!
I'm always at awe with your layouts!! wow again!!
Simply and utterly amazing!!!!!! LOVE your distressing, layering and creative designs with color.. I will be drooling over these for a long time!
Your work AMAZES me!
These blog hops are a lot of fun, an opportunity to view a variety of designer's creative work and cool prizes. THANKS & I am an official follower!
I love the shaped and distressed layout, gorgeous. You did great with the canvas.
Post a Comment