home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Parenthood

Wow, wasn't expecting to finish this layout so quickly as I just started it last night but when papers and photos and embellies come together for me, its very easy to complete a project. This was just one of those days - lucky for me ;>

The photo was taken about a week ago when my 3 little ones were filling up their water squirters in the bucket of water. One of those 'wow' moments... like, wow, all 3 of those are mine? wow, I have three kids?! wow, I have a pretty good life! I'll be the first to admit that not all days go so swimmingly - far from! But... this was one of those 'good' days and I'm so glad I decided to document it.

The flowers are from the Mulberry Street collection by Petaloo. They were originally bright orange in colour and a little too punchy for the papers so I misted with Tattered Angles glimmer mist in slate and ended up with a perfectly rustic outcome.

I used Graphic 45's Transatlantique papers (with a titch of On the Boardwalk as well) for this layout - just loved the bold bright orange in this one piece of patterned paper and the whole layout really revolved around it.



There are 3 tags on which I journaled - My journey through parenthood started just over five and a half years ago and what a trip its been! I've never been to Paris or Rome - heck, I haven't even been to Disneyland! I am by no means a worldly traveller (continues on the next 2 tags not shown)... but I do know that becoming a parent is by far the most amazing dream vacation I could ever imagine. And like any adventure, there has been (and will be) highs and lows - both necessary to truely appreciate the ultimate destination. Enjoy the journey - I do!

Enjoy the rest of your week - will be back with more goodies to show you all!!

3 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Wow...you never cease to amaze me! Beautiful LO!! Love the Graphic 45, I checked with the scrapstore thats about 45 minutes away :( and they don't carry it or the Dusty Attic...so, so bummed. Love, love both of these companies.

Kathy said...

love the butterflies

Cindy Gay said...

Do love the layout and journaling. Love the colors and layering of papers (you gave me and idea for using one of those papers I either have or something similar). I've never been to Disney World either but I, like you am so happy with my life and my kids!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin