home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Palette #3

The Color Room has their third palette up for inspiration. This was a definate challenge for me - purple! I don't think I've ever used this colour in a layout or project - ever!

This was also my first go using canvas. Thanks to Finn for all your advise - you MUST check out her blog for canvas inspiration - this lady is crazy talented!

This is a series of photos of my dd giving herself a yogurt face mask! I had given her desert after lunch and went to check my emails and not even 5 min later I return to her COVERED in yogurt. She was smoothing it all over and had the biggest smile on her face - must've liked the texture?

I applied some burlap to the canvas and tried painting it white, but didn't quite achieve the look I was after - might need to add a little more paint... we'll see!

The gorgeous purple blooms are from Petaloo's Mulberry Street Line - Wild Roses in Eggplant.

The small turquoise blooms were purchased at Daiso - they are actually made from foam?!
TFL!

6 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Absolutely precious!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Tara...this is just stunning...love those flowers...great job with the colors!!!

Have a great one!!

Cindy Gay said...

Really like the burlap.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning piece Tara. I'm always so inspired by your creations. Love Love Love this. and thank you for the link to Fynn's

finnabair said...

I love the effect! Hope you liked playing with canvas... now it's time to try add more paint I think! ready for the next experiment? ;))))
hugs!!!

Karen Wilson said...

That layout is gorgeous! Love the purples.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin