Sketch #69 is up over at Creative Scrappers! I had so much fun with this sketch and ventured completely out of my comfort zone. Normally I am drawn to much more muted colours but I simply HAD to play up the red in this layout...
My dd in her new red raincoat - she was SO proud of herself in a big girl jacket!
Close up of some stitching and red stickles. I cut out the Hugs & Kisses from a ribbon and used as tags.
Here I wove the ribbon through the gaps in the burlap.
I popped the buttons on the raincoat by using real buttons - kind of a neat effect...
The glitter letters were from the dollar store - I mounted on the back of the Cosmo Cricket paper and outlined with a white journaling pen.
Materials Used:
Alpha Letters: Dollar Store
Cardstock, Red
Patterned Paper: My Sweet Cherry Pie, Cherries on Top (Nikki Sivils)
Patterned Paper: Ribbon Sandwich (Cosmo Cricket)
Burlap
Ribbon
My dd in her new red raincoat - she was SO proud of herself in a big girl jacket!
Close up of some stitching and red stickles. I cut out the Hugs & Kisses from a ribbon and used as tags.
Here I wove the ribbon through the gaps in the burlap.
I popped the buttons on the raincoat by using real buttons - kind of a neat effect...
The glitter letters were from the dollar store - I mounted on the back of the Cosmo Cricket paper and outlined with a white journaling pen.Materials Used:
Alpha Letters: Dollar Store
Cardstock, Red
Patterned Paper: My Sweet Cherry Pie, Cherries on Top (Nikki Sivils)
Patterned Paper: Ribbon Sandwich (Cosmo Cricket)
Burlap
Ribbon










Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







5 comments:
I am lovin' this one Tara! So Fun.
WOW Tara the details are amazing. What is that ropelike thingie? I love it especially the way you wove the ribbons on. Very creative!
love the buttons on buttons :D
Masterpiece - I saw the sketch and I thought it was a hard one....but you've made it live!
Gosh Tara! So creative! Love the details you've put on the layout: the buttons on the raincoat, the weaving on the burlap, the stitching and the glitter letters. Great page!
Post a Comment