home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Friday, March 25, 2011

Scrap That! Blog Hop

Welcome to the Scrap That! Blog Hop Adventure!

We will have NINE AMAZING blogs for you to visit. Each blog will have some beautiful eye candy, in the form of some AMAZING projects from our design team using the newly released "Madame Butterfly" Kit.

We are also thrilled to have PageMaps joining in on our hop with an awesome sketch that has been especially designed for Scrap That! to go with the kit!

We also have some fabulous prizes to give away!

First of all, you will need to visit ALL the blogs on the hop as there will be a randomly drawn comment winner from each blog. That means NINE winners will receive a package of Prima goodness just for leaving some love and becoming a follower of each of the blogs!

Next, while you are hopping you will want to be looking for the “special” word on each blog. Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.

Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to swing by our facebook page, become a friend and then head over to our social community and become a member. Once you’ve completed these tasks, email the sentence to Scrap That!

All correct entries received will be entered into a draw for the GRAND PRIZE, an autographed PageMaps hardcover book generously donated by Beck Fleck!

The hop will take place from 10am March 25th until midnight March 27th (MST)

Are you ready to get your hop on!?

If you have just arrived here from Lisa’s blog then you are in the correct place! If not, head back to the Scrap That! blog and join us.

Today I’m going to share with you my projects using one of the new CHA collections released at Winter CHA from Bo Bunny - Gabrielle!

First up is a layout I created using a very soft palette - lots of distressing. This collection is filled with peaches, creams, turquoises and browns - very earthy and easy to work with - especially when paired with colour photos - really brings out the skin tone hues.



You'll find an endless supply of embellishments in this kit - I opted for the soft cream tones in Petaloo's FloraDoodles.

A little fussy cutting of flower stems and beautiful butterflies which are bountiful in this amazing kit!


I wanted to showcase the versatility of this collection so my next project features a much darker palette with more paper embellishments and less floral accents. Again, you can create boy pages with pretty much any paper line - just make them work for you!



Have to toot here - I am SO proud of myself!! I have long been admiring the whole 'paint-splatter' technique but have been too afraid to try this for fear of wrecking an almost completed project (they honestly take me DAYS - yes I am a VERY slow scrapper!) Anyhooooo, this layout was simply 'missing' something so I thought - WHY NOT?! Do you like it?! I TOTALLY think it makes the page - fills in the 'white' space perfectly!

Lastly I would like to share this card and tag set to which I am not addicted. LOVE making this particular style of card with the coordinating tag - a little more intricate than your regular card or tag alone so gives a bit more of an impact when you show both together.

Here is the card and tag as a set.

Just the card....

Partially open with the tag tucked into a pocket within the card.

Front of tag.

Back of the tag (note, the text was digitally added).

One last tag I created with the leftover paper from this amazing kit - quick and simple!

Before you go, you'll need my Secret word....

...which is FOR

Now head over to Tina's blog for some more amazing creations using the Scrap That! "Madame Butterfly" Kit.

We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Watch the Scrap That! blog next week to see if you are one of the lucky winners!

49 comments:

Romy said...

Gosh, Tara, you always do the most amazing work with the Bo Bunny stuff and these projects are another way to prove that:) Wow, I just love all your layering and the pretty details that you added. You are so talented!

Danelle said...

beautiful cards and tags Tara!

Ava Gavloski said...

Tara, thanks for the inspiration of trying the paint splatter. I think i could do this with one practice run on a scrap pc of paper. Great projects as usual.

ava

Nicole Doiron said...

wow! I cannot believe how beautiful your card/tag is! I love it! Once again, i'm in awe before your talent, Tara! (already a fan and a follower :)

Fran Brunke said...

Just awesome. I love how you make soft colours and swirls (which I love) work for masculine pages. And thanks for being a slow scrapper - makes me feel better!

Lillian Child said...

Ohmygoodness, but these projects are gorgeous! Simply fabulous! WOW!

Linda Pekrul said...

Ohhh, do I love that card!

Jess said...

Wow your pages are just stunning! I love them. THe level of detailing on them is just amazing!

Scrap Vamp said...

Full of enchantment! Love those pages!

Vicky Alberto said...

I'm hopping, yesseree, I'm hopping, can't you see, I'm hopping... to see all the gorgeous Scrap That! projects!!!

Vicky Alberto said...

I'm hopping, yesseree, I'm hopping, can't you see, I'm hopping... to see all the gorgeous Scrap That! projects!!!

Sarah-R said...

Such Stunning projects Tara! I love all the layering on the "True Beauty" layout. Your work always has such amazing details!

Krystle said...

Thanks for showing the versatility of this kit with the boy layout -- I think it is stunning!

Bonnie said...

Tara, I love your layouts!! Your tag/card is gorgeous and I love your boy themed layout, it is awsome!!!Thanks

Russellee said...

Your workd is amazing. Love the boy layout. the papers are great. dorothy

Becky Jo Miltimore said...

I love the card and tag set. It is really beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ohhh my goodness, I love that card and tag!!! Absolutely beautiful. And yes, the spatter makes they layout -- but I especially love how you've shown how it works with completely different color palettes. TFS!!

www.katescreativecollections.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

love the butterflies!! they look as though the've just landed on your page

Shanno's Country Chic said...

What beautiful work!! I love the paint splatters! I'm proud of you too! I haven't tried it yet, but I might just try :) The Happy Hopper :)

Shona said...

Tara, these are all amazing projects. I love your color combos and layers, the paint splatter is awesome! I cant wait to play with this kit. Thanks for the chance to win some yummy goodies :)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the tones in the photo of your "true beauty" and I always love the layouts with your son. "Happy" has great paper combo and colors too.

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

beautiful work Tara! Its good to know that I am not the only slow scrapper out there! I always say, you can't rush perfection!

Kris Berc said...

My goodness, these are all amazingly gorgeous. But that's exactly what I knew I'd find when I came to your blog because everything you create is incredibly stunning! :) Love that you showed how to use the kit for a boy layout, too... it's fabulous and yes, you did a wonderful job with those paint splatters!

Dorothy said...

wonderful creations and thank you so much for creating a boy page LO. i would definitely use this as an inspiration board when i get my kit. :)

FiKenward said...

Your work is beautiful and that card was simply stunning. WOW!!

Silvia Mendoza said...

Your layouts are very pretty and that card is sooooo gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your creations.

Rhonda said...

Such detailed cards, tags and pages. Love everything you do Tara!!

Lana Vassallo said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE your layouts...well done!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Blog hopping has been quite fun so far! It's my first hop and I am loving it!!!! Your work with this kit is just awe-inspiring, Tara! And I LOVE the splatter paint technique - looks amazing! Well, I am off to check out Vicky's blog. TFS!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oops - I meant Tina's blog is next . . . then Vicky's!!

Sandi Smith said...

Wow...love the paint splatters and every other gorgeous detail!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

These projects are all so very pretty Tara! I especially love that invitation though! How gorgeous!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous projects! I LOVE all the fussy cutting and the card and tag set is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Raquel SK said...

All I can say is WOW! Love the splatter too! I'm a new follower, thanks for the hop!-Raquel @raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

amazing projects - I really love the second page and your card/tag is stunning. I'm a follower

Robin Shakoor said...

Your pages are amazing!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Wow, love your layouts but the tag card is inspirational!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Kimberly said...

thanks for showing me the way to this hop! I already was a follower and that is how I found this!

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

Great butterflies and paint splatter

Becky Dunham said...

These layouts are fabulous Tara! I love the paint splattering - great job! That card and tag are so scrumptious - in fact that whole kit is to die for! Thanks for sharing your creative genius with us!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Tara I love your art. It is very beautiful. I LOVE THE TAGS.

I am trying to reach you regarding your book and I can't figure out how to get in touch with you. I paid for it and can't find on puter.

Klayne70@comcast.net

An Zeelmaekers said...

im a hopping lady and i see a lot of amazing work! its just...waaaaw...

Anonymous said...

Lovely layouts. I really like your second layout and I'm going to have to try the paint splatter. Thanks for the chance to win by hoppng.

Valery Klassen said...

Absoloutely love your tag and card set. Love that you distressed and sewed the pages on your layouts. Stunningly beautiful.

Jessica Navarro said...

Wow, that your pages are gorgeous and that looks to die for! Beautiful colors and butterflies. I became a follower and am enjoying the hop!

Jennifer said...

So glad I follow your blog, what you did for the hop was just amazing! :)

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the soft colors, what great inspiration!

Sharon & Nick said...

I adore the distressing your layouts - just stunning. I will definitely be back to visit again soon.

Nicolle Kramer said...

Stunning LO's! I love how you showed a pretty girlie page and also a masculine page...truly inspirational.Love the paint splats too..I am a new follower...cant wait to see more of your work...:)

Nicolleatnicollelovesscrapbookingdotcom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin