Truthfully, I'm frantically working on my regular DT duties for Bo Bunny, Petaloo, ZVA Creative and Scrap That! kit club but I've also taken on a wonderful Guest DT spot for the month of April and I am sooooo in love with these 'beautiful' papers (wink)! I'll be able to show all my creations with you on April 1st so please stay tuned. I'll also have some projects that I can reveal to you beginning next week so please be patient :D
In addition, I made the top 25 for Graphic 45's Design Team call (WHOOHOO!) so I was finishing up my final round submissions for them which kept me quite busy. (I've since sent off to them and have received confirmation that they have already received so all I can do now is wait!). We had to create a layout, a card and an altered project and ship off to their head office in Portland, OR. I'm not going to share the projects entirely just yet, but here are a few sneak peeks until I hear one way or another on their final DT Announcement - April 1st, 2011.

Non scrappy related news: My mom and I are headed to Maui at the end of the month and I am soooo excited! I had booked Kauai, HI for a one week stay but after much review of the beach and facility, I ended up cancelling our trip and getting a full refund as I booked and cancelled w/i 24hrs. I then booked a one week stay at a 5 Star, all inclusive resort in Dominican Republic, Punta Cana and although the resort was over the top amazing, I wasn't aware that Haiti, its bordering country, is currently experiencing a cholera outbreak. In addition, there's the whole malaria thing for which I'd need to get vaccinated for, etc. etc.
SO
After much stressing and deliberating, I ended up cancelling this trip as well - only to get 50% of my money back :<
My parents felt so bad after all the time I put forth planning, researching, booking, etc. this trip that they decided to pick up the difference and send me on a trip (with my mom) of their choice. Needless to say - we're on our way to Maui at the end of the month for a 9 night stint in paradise!! I am sooo very grateful to them for doing this and I also feel super guilty!! It was my mistake and to have them pay for me to stay somewhere else is really amazing!! My parents rock! I'm not normally so scatter-brained but I think I may possibly have a little too much on my plate as of late (hence the need of a vacation...)
I promise I will not wait so long to update you all in my life happenings - even if they are not scrappy related :D
On that note - we received a beautiful snowfall last week!! I was soooo excited - we all went out and had a blast on our little snow hill - making snowmen, snow forts, sledding (in the mud/snow) and having some snow fights. This is my fave pic from the day. Needless to say, the snow was totally melted by dinner that same day - but fun while it lasted.
Here's my sweet boy 'studying' for his spelling test last week. I honestly cannot remember doing any type of homework or studying for anything when I was in Grade 1!?! How times have changed...
My little Q-Ball. He's been a little more clingy as of late - needing Mommy a little more than normal so we decided to go on a date this weekend - just him and I. Its so rare that I get to spend time with each of my kids - one on one and clearly this little guy needed some time. We had such a great time - picked up a few 'treats' (aka - kinder surprise) then headed to the arcade for a play and finished off with dinner at his fave restaurant.
Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend. Off to scrap with my glass of Chardonnay in hand (just discovered my new fave - Cupcake Vineyards Chardonnay - sooo smooth and buttery - I hear their Red Velvet wine is to die for!!)
Cheers! Tara










Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







3 comments:
I was surprised I hadnt seen a post from you in a while. Cant wait to see who your Guest Design is with!!!! :p
Muai!! OOOooh have fun! Stick me in ur luggage, I wanna go. I'm small! I fit I swear!
Why you cancelled your trip to Dominican Republic????? I´ve been 7 times there and I never had any problem my dear friend.We´re planning to come back next July.
Congratulations on your top 25 at G45 - good luck with the next stage - your sneakie looks beautiful - as always. Can't wait to see the full projects.... Hugs xx
Post a Comment