home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Some Editing

I've been as busy as an elf getting my Holiday projects completed (of course, I can't show any of them to you just yet...)

In the mean time, it occured to me that little tips and tricks that I do automatically, may not be something any of you are use to doing. I started scrapping a little over a year ago and looking back, my style has changed dramatically!

This is one of the very first layouts I ever created.

I always find that I am drawn to layouts with beautiful photos. Simple adjusting of contrast and colour can make a huge difference in your photos. You don't necessarily need expensive software to achieve this effect either. The program I use is ancient and actually came with my computer when I first bought it years ago; "Microsoft Picture It". I LOVE it!! Wrinkles, blemishes, marks, stains, etc - be gone! Of course I never edit any of my 'own' photos ;>




Here is an example of some before and after photos. What a difference! The after photos may not look great in a regular photo album, but for layouts, they just stand out so much better against bold patterned paper.




For each of the after photos, I increased the contrast dramatically. Thereafter, I adjusted the photo colour to as bright as it would go - without losing the contrasting lines defining the facial features, etc.

1 comment:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Thanks for the awesome tip .. I have alot of no good photos that this trick may help with.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin