If you came here from Rae's blog (http://scrappingfancy.We were provided with a gorgeous sketch from the uber talented Beggahuna to work with this month - here's my take...
I love using the packaging from various products - they often have the perfect tones and textures to compliment your projects.
I opted for some square embellishments in place of the photos that were originally in the sketch. Keep in mind, sketches are meant to inspire you to create so whatever you come up with artistically is just perfect - regardless of how closely it 'matches' your sketch.
I used it to stain some white flowers I had in my stash and they came out just wonderfully.
To make my flowers stretch a little further, embellishment-wise, I tore off the centers of most of them and saved for other areas of my project. I then smooched up the larger base of the flower and secured with some tacky glue for a more dimensional looking bloom.
More scrunched up blooms with those gorgeous stick pins - so awesome!
You have until midnight, eastern time, on Wednesday 8/7 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Thursday 8/8. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected. Can't wait to hear from you.
My special word is : "mature"
The party continues over at Paulien's blog (http://paulienvandenbosch.
Here is the order and blog addresses:
Swirlydoos CLICK HERE
Rae CLICK HERE
Tara CLICK HERE
Paulien CLICK HERE
Angelica CLICK HERE
Andie CLICK HERE
Lisa CLICK HERE
Back to Swirlydoos!!
Thanks so much for your visit. Come back anytime!





























Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Tara and I am a wife and mother to 3 beautiful children who are the heart and soul of my projects. I started scrapping in 2008 and loved it immediately. What a wonderful outlet to explore my love of crafting and photography. Thanks for stopping by.
All content, including text, photographs and design work is 







40 comments:
wowzers! LOVE your creations with this kit! My fav is the first layout though! Gorgeous masculine/beach layout!
You've done a great job with the kit. Love all your projects.
wow wonderful layouts with the beautiful kit. That acrylic glaze is very bright.loved it.thanks for sharing
Gorgeous pages, Tara! Love what you did with Beggahuna's sketch. My fave is the Love lo... so sweet and colorful, yet with a touch of vitage whismy brought together perfectly.
I like the use of the distressed paper around the edges of a lot of the layouts. they are all great. the flowers are so pretty.
More stunning creations I love the colours so me thanks for inspiring xxx Wendy
Loved the use of layers with all of this months papers. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Stunning Work.
Tara, your pages are incredible! It's so exciting to have you GDT'ing at Swirlydoos!
Wow wow wow!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the projects you made. So glad you are Guest Designer for this month. Love all your layers and detail work.
Every page is BEAUTIFUL!
Beautiful work
Amazing job with the Swirlydoos kit
Beautiful work, your LOVE lo is amazing!
Oh wow, you simply rocked this kit! I really love the mix of vintage tones and more bright colours on your pages. Amazing work as always!
Very pretty layouts! This months kit is amazing and you did such a wonderful job using all of the different items from it!
I really love the way you use the paper for all those gorgeous layers, and the packaging from primas wood embellies Ive used and recognize because I love the border along the edge.
I love your love the layout and it's very inspiring....
SO excited to play with this kit! Absolutely loved the "Love" layout..gorgeous!
Wow!!!! I am ga ga for you pages! Gorgeous work!!!
I love your layering and awesome fussy cutting; thanks for the tips with the flowers!
Your layouts are beautifully pinky, lol.
I too use the packaging. I never throw it away I will always find a place for them. Thanks for the tip on the flowers I like it and will use it.
Love the layering - you make it look so easy and stylish. Thanks for sharing.
Loved seeing how you scraped those wonderful vacation pictures of yours. Your an inspiration.
I love how you fussy cut the circles from the Bo Bunny paper, and smooshed up the Prima flowers, AND painted those flowers with the glaze. Wow!!
This is my first time seeing your work & it is incredible! Lovely style.
Tara, your take on the sketch is so pretty and I love what you did with the flowers. Such a good idea!
Welcome to Swirlydoo's. Love your layouts. The roses on the LOVE layout of your daughter really pop! Great job.
Just stunning...I love all your projects but the one you did form the sketch is my Fav...I love using the left over packaging! thank you for the inspiration!
Gorgeous job with the kit! Your layouts are stunning! I love your layering technique can never get mine to look so nice! TFS!
Love your layouts especially your layers and fussy cutting. Thanks for sharing.
Loved each and every LO. Each one was more gorgeous than the next. Just became a follower.
wow... So beautiful!
Beautiful layouts from the August kit. Your attention to detail and color is wonderful. Debbie :/
Omg!!! I absolutely love your work, you are such an inspiration, your eye for details is amazing. Can't wait to come back after the blog hop and get lost in your work.
Love your take on the sketch. Wonderful work.
I absolutely love your layouts! Beautiful! I will be following you.
LOVE all the amazing work!!!!!!!! New subscriber here!!! Glad I hopped on!!!
Gorgeous projects!
gorgeous and such inspiration
Post a Comment