home resume subscribe contact publications design teams layouts altered art/minis cards

Saturday, January 21, 2012

(I Can See) Clearly Now

The new 7 Dots Studio Cultural Extras Challenge has now been posted! This time we want to invite you into the world of music and dance. The design team was asked to create a project inspired by their favourite dancing song.

I have soooo many songs that I enjoy and so many different genres and artists that inspire me that it was hard for me to chose just one song. For this particular layout however, there was a song that I had in mind the entire time I was creating. As most of you know, I’ve had a little bit of a rough go the past few months (healthwise) but I can finally say that everything seems to be getting back to normal. I am so relieved that the doctors and specialists seem to be on the right track to ‘mending’ what was wrong with me. The song “I Can See Clearly Now” was such a perfect fit. I’m on the road to recovery, I know what I have to do to get there and everything is going to be just fine - thank goodness! :>


The gorgeous pearl bling is from ZVA Creative, as are the delicate leaves and flowers!!
I actually ended up painting my flowers a cream colour (they were originally white) and then I decided to splatter a little of the paint directly on my layout.  I love the effect and have to remind myself how much I enjoy adding different mediums like this.

Thanks so much for your visit today!! See you again soon with some more scrappy goodness!

9 comments:

kim h20skier said...

what a beautiful page Tara You've just inspired me to choose a few songs and to create some pages myself.

~Marlene Krogh~ said...

A beautiful page ♥ Love the layering and the details.

Dorthe said...

What a stunning layout. So filled with gorgeous details - and i love the wood-paper.

Lizzyc said...

an absolutely stunning layout.. i love using songs and quotes on my layouts too... all the best to you..

Tona said...

Your layout is beyond gorgeous! I love everything about it.

KellyCreates said...

I can see clearly now...that your pages are works of art :) So glad to hear you're feeling better.

Vicky Alberto said...

so glad to hear you're doing better - and crafting some gorgeous stuff too

Courtney V said...

this layout is absolutely gorgeous...glad to hear you are doing better!!

Unknown said...

Tara I am so glad that you are feeling better...your L.O is perfect..you alwysa inspire me with your work,thank-you..love from Athens,Gr.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin